Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I pray for optimism

I thought I was I fast decision taker. That was before I actually had to face a situation where decisions start becoming tough and they threaten to have ever lasting impact. My life is currently as good as it can get.  I have people who love me beside me. I have financial security. And I have what can be called a great job. In short it is the exact opposite of “Your job's a joke, you're broke, your love life's D.O.A.”  But still something inside me kept pushing me to reach out for something else. What that something else was even I am not sure but a do realize that if I did not listen to that little voice inside me I would remain restless for a long long time. And so here I am ready to put my life and the comfort zones that make it so beautiful at stake and go looking for that light at the end of the tunnel. I don’t know what that light represents but I can’t help being drawn to it like a moth. I hope everything turns out to be fine. My best laid plans have always gone haywire, and frankly luck has never really favored me and so I am really scared.

I pray to god to give me that strength that I may not regret my decisions whatever may be the outcome of them. I don’t pray for all good things to happen to me but I do pray for optimism. Several small incidents of my life have made me a little paranoid and thus at the eve of what should have been the greatest achievement of my life, the one thing that I was sure would give me happiness all I can feel is the fear of misfortune lurking around the corner.

How little we know ourselves. What is important and what is not? What are the things that really matter? How to maintain that perfect balance? I thus set out in quest of the ever elusive answers to these questions…

No comments: